- PhD Scholarships valued at up to $35,500 tax free per annum (2019 rate) are available for students who are successful with their application. Other scholarships are valued at $30,000 tax free per annum.
- There are no tuition fees or HECS payments.
- To be eligible, you must send an Expression of Interest for HDR (details below) and you will be asked to apply for an Research Training Scholarship (RTP) which provides a stipend of $30,000 per annum (2019 rate). This may be supplemented by a school or industry funded top up of up to $5,500. The scholarships are tax free.
- You can apply at any time throughout the year. If school or industry funding is available then you will be assessed for that project. If nothing is suitable for you at the time then you may be asked to apply for the RTP scholarship, and those scholarship applications will be open from October 2019 for enrolment from January 2020.
- If you are not an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or New Zealand citizen, you can apply for an International Research Training Program Scholarship (RTP) which provides a stipend of $30,000 per annum tax free (2019 rate). This may be supplemented by a school or industry top up of up to $5,500 per annum tax free (2019 rate).
- The next round of International Scholarship applications are open from 4th February 2019 and will close 3rd April 2019.
How to apply
- Achieve a First Class Honours in Engineering and meet the standard admission requirements to undertake a PhD at UWA, including English language requirements.
- Please submit an Expression of Interest form to the Higher Degree Research team. The application will be assessed to make sure it meets the minimum University entry requirements and then forwarded to the most appropriate supervisor.
If you have any queries please contact [email protected]